23 Jul Care Worker
Title: Care Worker-part time 0.6 FTE
Employed by: Elders on behalf of the members of Bridge Chapel
Responsible to: Operations Director & Elders of Bridge Chapel
Work base: Bridge Chapel Centre (primary)
Salary: Pro-rata salary in the range £18200-£24000 PA.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in their character and as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Has a humble and teachable spirit born out of their security in Christ and an accurate understanding of their God-given capacity, gifts, and areas of weakness.
- Lives a life of dependence on the Holy Spirit and faith as demonstrated in their prayer life and personal experience.
- Has a vision for caring for the most vulnerable members of the church community (those who are poor, needy, orphaned, widows & widowers, and long-term sick) as well as the on-going pastoral care of the membership and congregation of Bridge Chapel.
- Is in agreement with the doctrinal statement and constitution of Bridge Chapel.
The role of the Care Worker is to work within the Care Ministry, organising, administrating and delivering care through visitation, prayer, practical help and support.
Along with the Care Ministry team & Elders, the Care Worker will organise, administrate and help deliver the Care Ministry Vision of pastoral care:
- As part of Care team, organise systematic and reactive care, including visitation, phone calls, and arranging practical help where required.
- Documenting Care Ministry visitation, needs, and ensuring communication of needs to the Pastoral Team & Elders.
- Be committed to praying regularly for the needs of the those being served by the Care Ministry, the Care Ministry team, and the church membership.
- Liaising with Christian counselling providers in the city, accessing useful resources, and in consultation with the Pastoral team, referring potential service users.
- Through relationships and regular communication cultivate relationships with ministry leaders in order to help build a culture of **care awareness and care delivery**
- Developing/ exploring training for ministry leaders, Growth Group leaders, and church members on practical ways to improve the care offered to each member, ministry worker and attender.
Accountability & Reporting
The Care Worker would be required to meet regularly with the Operations Director, to pray together, review planning and progress. They would also be in regular contact with the Pastoral Team.
Annual performance reviews and quarterly ‘ministry health’ updates would take place, and the Care Worker would be expected to be present and involved at the weekly staff team meetings.
Salary is payable monthly on the 15th and is credited directly to a nominated bank account.
5 weeks paid holiday per year exclusive of Bank/Public Holidays.
There is no accommodation provided with this post.
In addition to the stated salary the post-holder will receive a non-contributory pension.
Expenses that have been wholly, necessarily and exclusively incurred in connection with this role will be reimbursed when substantiated with receipts.
Mileage costs for use of own vehicle will be paid at 40p per mile.
Calling and appointment will be subject to the Doctrinal Statement & Constitution as outlined in the Members’ Booklet and, in addition, satisfactory references and enhanced disclosure [DBS].