By siteadmin in AM Service,Bible Book,Ian MacMichael,Old Testament,Psalms,Sermons
1) UNITY IS SOMETHING: a) Good b) Precious c) Fragrant d) Refreshing e) Life giving 2) A CALL TO UNITY OF: a) Heart b) Mind c) Spirit d) Will e) Purpose f) Direction
1. Do not quench the Spirit! (v19) 2. Do not despise prophecies! (v20) 3. Test everything! (v21) 4. Hold fast what is good! (v21) 5. Abstain from every form of evil! (v23) 6. Be sanctified completely by the God of peace! (v23) 7. Be assured – He is faithful!…
1. Respect your leaders! (v12-13) 2. Live in peace! (v13) 3. Admonish the idle! (v14) 4. Encourage the faint-hearted! (v14) 5. Help the weak! (v14) 6. Be patient with everyone! (v14) 7. Don’t retaliate! (v15) 8. Do good to everyone! (v15) 9. Rejoice always! (v16) 10. Pray without ceasing!…
1) BE AWARE! (v1-3) The coming of the Lord will be: Sudden, Unexpected, Painful. 2) BE AWAKE! (v4-8) a) In the light not the dark. b) Awake not asleep. c) Sober not drunk. d) On guard not off duty. 3) BE ASSURED! (v9-11) For believers it’s a day of…
1) HURT! (v13) Christians grieve….but not without hope! 2) HOPE! (v14-17) The Risen Lord comes with and for His people! Personally, Visibly, Audibly, Gloriously, Transformationally! 3) HEAVEN! (v17) We will ALWAYS be with the Lord! What comfort! What encouragement!
1) ITS INSTRUCTION! You have been taught by God 2) ITS ILLUSTRATION! Your example has spread throughout Macedonia 3) ITS INJUNCTION! Do this more and more
1) BE DEVOTED! (v1-2) To walking in a way that pleases God more and more 2) BE DISTINCTIVE! (v3-5) a) Do the will of God b) Abstain from ‘pornea’ c) Be self-controlled d) Be holy 3) BE DECIDED! (v6-8) Obey God’s warnings & His calling 4) BE DEPENDENT!…
1) ITS APPROACH! (v9-11) Thankfully, Joyfully, Consciously, Earnestly, Persistently, Specifically, Dependently. 2) ITS APPEAL! (v10-13) Lord, Add to their faith; Lord, Increase their love; Lord, Establish their hearts; Lord, Brighten their hope 3) ITS APPROVAL! (2 Thess 1:3, Acts 20:1-2) God answered Paul’s prayers 2 Tim 1:3,11, 1 Tim 2:14,…
1) A LONGING HEART! (v1 & 5) “We could bear it no longer” 2) A LOYAL FRIEND! (v2) Timothy: his quality, his ministry, his availability 3) A LOVING CHURCH! (v6-9) Timothy brought good news: Going on in the faith Loving the brethren Standing fast in the Lord Bringing joy…
1. The Word of God Produces – New Life Through Faith (v13) Genesis 1 & John 1 – the Word of God brings… The Thessalonians: a) Received, believed, went on believing b) Trusted the words they heard were from God – true & authoritative, even though delivered by human heralds…
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support doing these uncertain times.
Please do continue to pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek to do what is best to care for those who are most vulnerable among us.
As per the latest government guidelines and on the basis of an expert medical opinion from within our congregation, from the NHS and from Public Health England, we want to offer this additional information:
We advise anyone with a weakened immune system or any underlying health condition to stay away from public gatherings indoors.
If anyone experiences even a minor new and continuous cough, fever or other cold-like symptoms, please stay at home for at least 7 days.
These steps will help to protect those most vulnerable to the virus.
Please do pray for those who are vulnerable and may feel frightened and isolated. We are working on a strategy to help in this area.
Please pray for those who are on the front line of dealing with those affected, nurses, doctors and other health and social care workers.
We will be doing our best to keep you informed as regularly and as promptly as we can and as seems wise.
-Thursday Club will be suspended until further notice.
-CAMEO the monthly ladies group will also be suspended until further notice.
-The youth and children's work will take place as normal for now. Any changes for next week will be communicated as soon as they are known.
At this time, there is no guidance to cancel services or events. We are constantly checking as this and will respond accordingly.
We are planning to meet together this Sunday, 15th, as usual until the NHS and Public Health England change their advice. We are currently thinking through different strategies should this change.
We will be doing all we can over the coming weeks to help minimise the risk, encouraging each other to minimise contact. We have asked the welcome team asked not to shake hands when you come through the door.
We are also looking to livestream the services and recording them to be available on the website afterwards. Depending on the rapidly changing situation and guidance, we may be altering our services to best respond and also to protect the vulnerable.
We are thinking through several scenarios and will keep updating you as things progress.
If you are aware of someone in need or at risk of increased isolation, please call this number for help: 0151 280 9716
Please see the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Public health England at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
This is a time for us as a congregation to trust God, act wisely and love one another!
On behalf of the elders