By siteadmin in Bible Book,Ian MacMichael,Matthew,New Testament,PM Service,Sermons
No sermon outline
1. A LOOK BACK At a question of authenticity. 2. A LOOK UP To God’s supremacy: A God who reigns A God who rules A God who is glorious A God who is everlasting A God who can be known. 3. A LOOK FORWARD To growth in spiritual maturity.
1) ITS REALITY! Everyone is tempted (1 Cor 10-13) Jesus was tempted (Matt 4:1-2) Christians are tempted (1 Pet 5:8-9) 2) ITS ROOT! “Satan” the tempter (Matt 4:3) 3) ITS RESISTANCE! a) Pray (Matt 6:13) b) Believe (1 Cor 10:13) c) Dress (Eph 6:13-18) d) Run (2 Tim…
1) ITS PRIORITY! Jesus taught it, prayed it & lived it 2) ITS PROCESS! a) Decisional not emotional b) Spiritual not natural c) Essential not optional d) Gradual not instantaneous e) Judicial not sentimental 3) ITS POWER Forgiving others: a) Moves you b) Beautifies you c) Empowers your…
1. THE PROBLEM – ‘DEBTS’ It’s all of our biggest problem 2. THE OWNERSHIP – ‘US OUR’ a) It reminds us there is none that is righteous b) It reminds us that our sin has consequences (remember Achan) 3. THE PLEA – ‘FORGIVE’ a) Why ask for…
A PRAYER: 1) OF DEPENDENCY! (Ex 16:12, etc, Gen 22:14, Phil 4:19) On God our Provider 2) OF NECESSITY! (Prov 30:8) Our daily bread 3) OF RESPONSIBILITY! (Prov 22:9, Ps 41:1, Lk 6:38) Give and it will be given unto you 4) OF SUFFICIENCY! (Col 1:19, Jn 6:36,…
1. WHAT IS THE WILL OF GOD? a) The Will of Decree We will never fully understand it while on earth God’s sovereign purpose is in all things and He is not caught off guard or out of control He works all things to the counsel of His will…
1. WHAT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Simplest definition: ‘God with us’ Starting at the beginning: ‘God’s people, in God’s place, under God’s blessing.’ Heaven (God’s space) & Earth (our space) 2 Kingdoms: God’s Kingdom & Human kingdom Jesus comes to: Make us God’s people (1 Peter 2:9) Transfer…
1. The CONTEXT of the Passage a) The Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5:1) b) Jesus is teaching His disciples (Matt 5:2) c) Hypocrisy within religion (Matt 6:5-6) d) The Model Prayer (Matt 6:7-9) e) Our Father….. 2. The CHARACTER of our Father a) Is holy (Luke 1:49) b)…
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support doing these uncertain times.
Please do continue to pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek to do what is best to care for those who are most vulnerable among us.
As per the latest government guidelines and on the basis of an expert medical opinion from within our congregation, from the NHS and from Public Health England, we want to offer this additional information:
We advise anyone with a weakened immune system or any underlying health condition to stay away from public gatherings indoors.
If anyone experiences even a minor new and continuous cough, fever or other cold-like symptoms, please stay at home for at least 7 days.
These steps will help to protect those most vulnerable to the virus.
Please do pray for those who are vulnerable and may feel frightened and isolated. We are working on a strategy to help in this area.
Please pray for those who are on the front line of dealing with those affected, nurses, doctors and other health and social care workers.
We will be doing our best to keep you informed as regularly and as promptly as we can and as seems wise.
-Thursday Club will be suspended until further notice.
-CAMEO the monthly ladies group will also be suspended until further notice.
-The youth and children's work will take place as normal for now. Any changes for next week will be communicated as soon as they are known.
At this time, there is no guidance to cancel services or events. We are constantly checking as this and will respond accordingly.
We are planning to meet together this Sunday, 15th, as usual until the NHS and Public Health England change their advice. We are currently thinking through different strategies should this change.
We will be doing all we can over the coming weeks to help minimise the risk, encouraging each other to minimise contact. We have asked the welcome team asked not to shake hands when you come through the door.
We are also looking to livestream the services and recording them to be available on the website afterwards. Depending on the rapidly changing situation and guidance, we may be altering our services to best respond and also to protect the vulnerable.
We are thinking through several scenarios and will keep updating you as things progress.
If you are aware of someone in need or at risk of increased isolation, please call this number for help: 0151 280 9716
Please see the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Public health England at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
This is a time for us as a congregation to trust God, act wisely and love one another!
On behalf of the elders