By siteadmin in AM Service,Bible Book,Ian MacMichael,Old Testament,Psalms,Sermons
1) UNITY IS SOMETHING: a) Good b) Precious c) Fragrant d) Refreshing e) Life giving 2) A CALL TO UNITY OF: a) Heart b) Mind c) Spirit d) Will e) Purpose f) Direction
1) LORD DELIVER US! (1 Pet 5:8-9, Mark 7:20-23) From the evil one From our evil hearts 2) LORD DEFEND US! (Psalm 25:1, 16-18; Psalm 27:1,5) From our enemies 3) LORD DISPLAY US! (Eph 3:10, Col 1:21, Jude 25) Before the angels
1) THE CALL! “Trust Him at all times, O people.” 2) THE CRY! “Pour out your heart before Him” “When you pray let your heart be without words rather than your words without heart”. (John Bunyan) 3) THE COMFORT! God is a refuge for us
1. WHO SHOULD BE PRAISED? (v1, 6) The LORD 2. WHERE? (v 1b) In His Sanctuary, in the firmament of His Power 3. WHY? (v 2) for His Mighty Acts, for His Excellent Greatness 4. HOW? (vv 3-6) With All kinds of instruments, with Breath
1. THINGS CELESTIAL PRAISING GOD (v1-6) a) The heights of heaven (v1&4) b) The hosts of heaven (v2) c) Sun, moon and stars (v3) d) Why? He Called them into Creation (v5-6) 2. THINGS TERRESTRIAL PRAISING GOD (v7-14) a) Great sea creatures (v7) b) The weather and seasons…
1) THE LORD GATHERS THE SCATTERED OUTCASTS! Praise him for your salvation – let him restore you (Neh 1:9) 2) THE LORD RULES AND SUSTAINS Praise him for his creation – know that he cares for you. (Isa 54:10) 3) THE LORD DELIGHTS IN HIS PEOPLE Praise him for…
1. REJOICING In the Lord (v1-2) 2. REJECTING The trust of men (v3-4) 3. RELYING On the Lord a) Past v5-6a b) Present v6b-9 c) Future v10
INTRODUCTION Gateway to Psalms 146-150 – the final Psalms of praise (the ‘Hallelujah Psalms’) Last recorded Psalm of David Acrostic Psalm – each verse begins with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet Considered by Jewish writers to be one of the greatest Psalms in the collection Called simply “David’s…
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support doing these uncertain times.
Please do continue to pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek to do what is best to care for those who are most vulnerable among us.
As per the latest government guidelines and on the basis of an expert medical opinion from within our congregation, from the NHS and from Public Health England, we want to offer this additional information:
We advise anyone with a weakened immune system or any underlying health condition to stay away from public gatherings indoors.
If anyone experiences even a minor new and continuous cough, fever or other cold-like symptoms, please stay at home for at least 7 days.
These steps will help to protect those most vulnerable to the virus.
Please do pray for those who are vulnerable and may feel frightened and isolated. We are working on a strategy to help in this area.
Please pray for those who are on the front line of dealing with those affected, nurses, doctors and other health and social care workers.
We will be doing our best to keep you informed as regularly and as promptly as we can and as seems wise.
-Thursday Club will be suspended until further notice.
-CAMEO the monthly ladies group will also be suspended until further notice.
-The youth and children's work will take place as normal for now. Any changes for next week will be communicated as soon as they are known.
At this time, there is no guidance to cancel services or events. We are constantly checking as this and will respond accordingly.
We are planning to meet together this Sunday, 15th, as usual until the NHS and Public Health England change their advice. We are currently thinking through different strategies should this change.
We will be doing all we can over the coming weeks to help minimise the risk, encouraging each other to minimise contact. We have asked the welcome team asked not to shake hands when you come through the door.
We are also looking to livestream the services and recording them to be available on the website afterwards. Depending on the rapidly changing situation and guidance, we may be altering our services to best respond and also to protect the vulnerable.
We are thinking through several scenarios and will keep updating you as things progress.
If you are aware of someone in need or at risk of increased isolation, please call this number for help: 0151 280 9716
Please see the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Public health England at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
This is a time for us as a congregation to trust God, act wisely and love one another!
On behalf of the elders