By siteadmin in AM Service,Bible Book,John,Mike Wildsmith,New Testament,Sermons
1. GOSPEL GUARANTEES “I will …” 2. GOSPEL GLORY Love that results in Obedience 3. GOSPEL GIFTS Peace, Joy, Faith
1. QUESTIONS FROM TROUBLED HEARTS a) Where am I going? Peter: Where are you going? b) What’s really going on? Thomas: How can we know the way? c) How’s it all going to end? Philip: Will you show us what God is like? 2. THE ANSWERS a) A Prescription…
1. THE WAY OF SALVATION (v1-11) a) He who was rich beyond all splendour all for love’s sake became poor b) Having loved … He loved them to the end. c) Cleansed and Ongoing Cleansing LOVE expressed in HUMILITY 2. THE KEY TO COMMUNITY (v12-20) a) Do just as Jesus…
1. THE KING REVEALED (v12-19) a) The Cry of the Crowd b) The Fulfilment or Prophecy c) The Anger of the Pharisees 2. THE KINGDOM EXPLAINED (v20-26) a) The Death of the King is the only way to Life for the Subjects b) The Example of the King is…
1. THE WORSHIPPER Humble Extravagance 2. THE WHINER Leave her alone and look at your heart 3. THE WITNESS Many believe on account of him
1. Love that is deep is prepared to delay v1-6 2. Love that is fervent does not fear v7-16 3. “… so that you may believe”. v15 4. The Love of God displays His Glory 5. The Love of God demonstrates His Grace 6. The Love of God is…
1. Blind in the face of Information (v24-29) 2. Blind in the face of Transformation (v30-34) 3. Blind in the face of Condemnation (v39-41) 4. Growing in Knowledge (v11-17, 33, 35-37) 5. Growing in Courage (v22–34) 6. Growing in Homage (v38)
1. THINGS CELESTIAL PRAISING GOD (v1-6) a) The heights of heaven (v1&4) b) The hosts of heaven (v2) c) Sun, moon and stars (v3) d) Why? He Called them into Creation (v5-6) 2. THINGS TERRESTRIAL PRAISING GOD (v7-14) a) Great sea creatures (v7) b) The weather and seasons…
1. What is it? “Change” and “Exchange” “Reconciliation is the work of God for man in which God undertakes to transform man and make possible and actual his eternal fellowship with a holy God.” (John Walvoord) The ‘heart’ of the gospel; a key element of At-One-Ment: Sacrifice; Propitiation; RECONCILIATION;…
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support doing these uncertain times.
Please do continue to pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek to do what is best to care for those who are most vulnerable among us.
As per the latest government guidelines and on the basis of an expert medical opinion from within our congregation, from the NHS and from Public Health England, we want to offer this additional information:
We advise anyone with a weakened immune system or any underlying health condition to stay away from public gatherings indoors.
If anyone experiences even a minor new and continuous cough, fever or other cold-like symptoms, please stay at home for at least 7 days.
These steps will help to protect those most vulnerable to the virus.
Please do pray for those who are vulnerable and may feel frightened and isolated. We are working on a strategy to help in this area.
Please pray for those who are on the front line of dealing with those affected, nurses, doctors and other health and social care workers.
We will be doing our best to keep you informed as regularly and as promptly as we can and as seems wise.
-Thursday Club will be suspended until further notice.
-CAMEO the monthly ladies group will also be suspended until further notice.
-The youth and children's work will take place as normal for now. Any changes for next week will be communicated as soon as they are known.
At this time, there is no guidance to cancel services or events. We are constantly checking as this and will respond accordingly.
We are planning to meet together this Sunday, 15th, as usual until the NHS and Public Health England change their advice. We are currently thinking through different strategies should this change.
We will be doing all we can over the coming weeks to help minimise the risk, encouraging each other to minimise contact. We have asked the welcome team asked not to shake hands when you come through the door.
We are also looking to livestream the services and recording them to be available on the website afterwards. Depending on the rapidly changing situation and guidance, we may be altering our services to best respond and also to protect the vulnerable.
We are thinking through several scenarios and will keep updating you as things progress.
If you are aware of someone in need or at risk of increased isolation, please call this number for help: 0151 280 9716
Please see the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Public health England at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
This is a time for us as a congregation to trust God, act wisely and love one another!
On behalf of the elders